Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Teach them well....

                       I've been wanting to share a lot of things that happened to me lately, but I just didn't exactly know where to start. So I had to put everything on a "to do" list in order not to forget any of them and also in this way was easier to plan them. That being said, let's get started!!!
                      I am a manager, so I have a team. Actually I have many teams, just because I have many workplaces, so I am sometimes in complicated position to show the best ways of doing things to different kind of people.
                         But, what one can do when people don't see with good eyes the change? What one can do when they don't want to embrace development? Or when they are afraid of changing ways and actions? Some people just stick to one thing their whole lifes and never want to change anything and in the end they talk about "what if?". Personally, I wouldn't want to be surrounded by this kind and I do encourage change in different aspects of life. Of course, this doesn't mean that everybody should change, because we are all different from each other and that is what makes us humans and special. What I am talking about is development, evolution, taking risks, using fear in a positive way, etc.
                         Think about a classroom full of students, let's say math class, when the teacher tries to show them different ways to calculate that (2+4)*2 =12. One part would say that first they should sum 2+4=6 and then 6*2=12. Another part would answer like this 2*2+4*2=4+8=12. And from here a lot of other ideas. But the main purpose is to teach them well, to show them different opinions, ideas, and let them find solutions. This is also my job. No, I'm not a math teacher :))), but it is similar to that. The goal is to teach them is that manner that they could teach themselves afterwards without fear.
                       I was recently reading a book about some mice in a maze. The idea was that 95% were afraid of change and just 3 of them saw opportunities in escaping the maze even thou that meant letting go the cheese. This is also similar with our ways of living. And maybe this is because we have been taught like this, because that's what other people do. But why don't we teach our children not to be afraid to try, and to stand out of the crowd.
                       As I already wrote in my last post, be the one. It is difficult to show the world what you think, and more than that to make them do the same, but if one wants to succeed, one must be the change one wants to see in the world.
                  Going back to my teams, 1 month ago, I had to take a team because their previous manager resigned. Maybe the most difficult part of all, was when I started to bring them stories and let them think what were the messages and what were the lessons they could learn. But I was surprises that nearly 90% of them didn't understand the analogies the stories made with actual life. At first I felt disappointed, but soon I started bringing them more and more similar stories in the meetings and the number of people interested in development started to raise.
                        It is hard, but the final result it is rewarding. The feeling you get when you see people wanting to learn more about life and that there are similarities between life and work, is precious and money can't but that.

                                                                                          XOXO Elle


red

2 comments:

  1. Hey i saw your blog and it's really fantastic! Could you ask me if this dress is cool in your opinion http://bit.ly/28TrkIO :) ?

    ReplyDelete